IELTS, which is an abbreviation for the international English language testing system, is a test that is conducted for all of the students who are applying for international level universities. This test evaluates the ability of non-native English speakers and assesses English as a language.
IELTS exam carries great importance when evaluating the overall capabilities of a student. This test is managed by British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia, and Cambridge Assessment English, jointly. This test was established in the year 1989 in order to check and understand the student’s capability to adapt to an English-speaking environment.
In this article, we are going to see how we can do a good IELTS preparation. Entire IELTS Pakistan preparation is covered in the topic. Have a read for the sake of the best IELTS training.
IELTS test preparation:
IELTS preparation is not an easy job. There are many complex ways that make the preparation difficult. However, here we are going to discuss several types of IELTS preparation types and discuss all of the methods in detail.
Knowing the IELTS course:
When you are attempting any test, it is better to have the information about its course. In addition, there are different IELTS course books. All the IELTS books can be visible from IELTS official website. However, we are adding a guide for the best IELTS preparation books.
Recommended books for IELTS preparation:
Even though IELTS learning is very subjective, there are a few different books that are recommended by everyone. All of those books are going to be listed below for better IELTS exam preparation.
- The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS
- Barron’s IELTS Superpack
- IELTS Practice Tests Plus 2 with Key and CD Pack
- Simone Braverman’s Target Band 7
- Cambridge IELTS 15 Academic Student’s Book with Answers
- IELTS Trainer
- Road to IELTS
- Mometrix IELTS Book for General Training and Academic 2021 – 2022
- Check Your English Vocabulary for IELTS
- Focus on IELTS Foundation: Foundation Coursebook
- IELTS (Academic) 5 in 1 Actual Tests eBook Combo
- English Vocabulary in Use
All of these books are recommended for better IELTS training.
IELTS test preparation format:
IELT test consists of four different sections. Those sections include
Now we are going to discuss those sections separately.
The listening section of IELTS is composed of four different stages.
- In the stage 1, there is a casual conversation happening between two people on everyday social issues.
- In the stage 2, there is the monologue about everyday social.
- In the stage 3, there is a conversation happening between a group of people, usually 3-4 or above. The conversation is educational in nature.
- In the stage 4, a monologue is happening about an academic subject.
Reading section is 60 minutes long and it consists of 40 questions. There are two major categories of reading section titled as academic reading and general reading. These categories have further different questions. All of those questions are needed to be done within the time span of 1 hour.
This section also consists of two different categories, academic writing and general training writing.
- In the academic writing section, there are two subsections. In first subsection, you will be provided with content having graphs, diagrams, and charts. You have to explain what is happening in that content and writing it in your own words. In 2nd subsection, you have to provide your view points on a particular area.
- In the general training writing section, there are two subsections as well. In the subsection 1, you will be given a situation. You have to write a letter to inquire more about or resolve the situation. In the subsection 2, you have to give a response on a previously existing view point of any other person.
Speaking section is allowed to be handled within the seven days after all the three other sections. It consists of three different sections.
- In section number 1, you will be given a card. There is a topic written on that card and you have to talk about it. you will be given one or two minutes to prepare. The topics usually include your own introduction, family background, relatives or any other thing.
- In section number 2, you have to read the card in a similar manner. However, in the end, you will be asked a few questions that you have to answer.
- In the section number 3, you can talk more about your section number 2 topic and raise your own issues or give new ideas.
If you plan for TOEFL, then know TOEFL test fee in Pakistan and start working right now.
IELTS preparation online:
IELTS training online is a great idea for the people who wants to know how to prepare for IELTS at home. Online IELTS preparation is pretty easy. There is tons of IELTS preparation material online, including websites, especially YouTube. Those videos can guide you to a great IELTS exam preparation.
Moreover, there is official IELTS preparation material available online. You can search for that and get valuable IELTS study material. In addition to IELTS preparation material, you can also get IELTS preparation tests (mock) at different websites.
In those mock tests, there is a lot of IELTS practice material. This free IELTS preparation material can offer a great help for overall ielts exam preparation. This is why we always recommend you to go to test preparation websites and prepare for IELTS with all of the content that is available online.
IELTS preparation tips:
There are several tips and tricks that you can follow in order to score well in IELTS.
- Always make sure that you have taken a mock test before the actual test
- Be aware of the format of the test and prepare according to that format
- IELTS exam is time-limited. So consider the time and manage it accordingly
- Work on your English language skills way before the actual test
- Develop a skill of writing and reading
So this was all about the IELTS exam preparation that we have to offer. We hope that you find value in this article.